Covino & Rich— Monday, 5/14/18
Bill Nye promoting Season 3 of “Bill Nye Saves the World” on Netflix
- We had a big moment on Friday after the show when DWAYNE “THE ROCK” JOHNSON tweeted us back to say that he would do anything for The Fonz! If we could get both The Rock and The Wink on the show at the same time that would be epic. It seems like Rob Corddry dropped the ball here, and The Rock was not afraid to call him out for it.
- Rich took Emmy to paint pottery this weekend for Mother’s Day, and was angry that everyone else seemed to be better at it then him. The one thing he realized though is that handmade gifts like that are perfect mother’s day gifts. But the biggest realization from the entire Mother’s Day conversation is that Rich does not know what a Kiln is. He never had to deal with one in grade school because he only took woodshop class, not pottery. Even Blind Brian, who’s has been bling his entire life, knows what a kiln is!
- Every morning Rich insists on stopping for coffee at the Coffee Bean down the street, but on today’s coffee trip the guys got into a big argument over a small issue. There’s a new app for SiriusXM and one of the shows that is featured on the homepage is ours. The only problem is that the photo they use to portray the show looks a little too gay. It makes Covino and Rich look like a gay couple who happen to have their own radio show. Spot is happy to change the picture for them, but he wants Rich to admit that it is because of the photo they used first.
- Sports gambling has been made legal via a Supreme Court hearing today, and the guys think it will be a big change to the entire sports world. Maybe sports bars will even start encompassing it into their marketing now too. It’s also going to make the states that do adopt it a whole lot of money, because where there is betting there will also be losers, which inevitably means more money for the economy.
- Bill Nye is here to teach us all about science, and why we need to keep educating both kids and adults about the changing planet. His new show “Bill Nye Saves the World” is starting season 3 on Netflix and is packed with more science-fueled discussions, celebrity appearances, and witty humor than ever before. What’s the worst part about being Bill Nye you may ask? It’s that everyone wants to take a selfie with you all the time. Even when he’s shopping for groceries or riding his bike, people will stop him and ask to take pictures. His one thing he’d love to see in his lifetime though is extreme poverty eliminated and science brought back to every classroom.