Covino & Rich – Monday, 4/24/17
- Erin Moran passed away over the weekend – it’s mind blowing to C&R how at one point she was on top of the world with the success of Happy Days but her life took a turn at some point. She went from success to homeless with a string of other issues following her.
Erin Moran, who played Joanie Cunningham on "Happy Days," likely died from complications of advanced cancer.
- Rich’s flight home – On his way home from New York yesterday, Rich’s flight was the longest ever. Not only that but the old Asian woman next to him on the flight kept farting. He felt like she was taunting him with her farts. It was disgusting and he didn’t know whether or not to address it
- Spot goes to Coachella – Spot went to Coachella with his wife over the weekend. He was posting all sorts of photos and Rich couldn’t believe that it was Spot. Spot had a fedora and a bandana – he fit right in! Spot is extra defensive this morning while Rich brings up Coachella.
- The much anticipated 20 year reunion – Rich attended his 20 year high school reunion in New York over the weekend. Rich wishes he had some crazy stories to tell but he really doesn’t. He had a great time, everyone looked way better than he expected, and some of their favorite teaches showed up. The only thing that they didn’t think of when planning the reunion was to spend money on a professional photographer – no one got any good photos because the bar they were in was really dark.
- Let’s pause for a moment to watch the Tecate ad featuring Sylvester Stallone and Canelo Alvarez
- Friend in need – A listener reaches out to C&R asking for relationship advice. He has been single for two years after a long string of bad relationships with women who have daddy issues. He is having a hard time letting his guard down and opening up to people, how does he remedy that situation so he can put himself out there again? The general consensus in the room is that there is no right way to do it, but you have to be willing to take the risk. If he can’t let his guard down, maybe now is not the time to be dating. He should take time to really assess what he’s attracted to and what kind of people he is attracting.
- News Alerts – Vin Diesel says he could beat The Rock in a fight, Fox orders a new season of X-Files, Target is turning their shopping carts in Mario Karts, the unicorn Frappuccino craze, and Rich taking on Pop2K on SiriusXM
If the Vin Diesel and The Rock came to blows, Vin is adamant he'd whoop Rock's candy ass all the way back to the WWE.
Ahead of the April 28 release of "Mario Kart 8 Deluxe" on Nintendo Switch, US retail store Target is giving its shopping carts a themed makeover. From April 24, 2017, car park bollards at participating Target stores are becoming spherical Mario and Luigi heads, store entrances will be starting