Covino & Rich – Thursday, 10/27/16
Mike Smith – Author of the 100 Worst Ideas in History
- Throwback Thursday – 2018 reboot of Muppet Babies – it is coming back on Disney Jr. Covino and Rich loved Muppet Babies. Rich says that everyone is out of original ideas so they have to reboot everything
- Cubs won game 2 of the World Series – They had 5-1 victory against the Indians. It was their first World Series win in a long time. The games now go back to Chicago
- Listener of the show asks Covino if it bothers anyone when a good looking guy is dating a good looking woman and someone says that the guy out-kicked his coverage. The listener asks why the good looking woman get all the credit for just being pretty. The guys discuss the differences in men finding attractive and well-rounded women vs a women finding an attractive well rounded man. Covino is the most guilty of judging a hot woman for being with a not-so attractive man
- Car chases in L.A. – a car chase just ended here in L.A. Rich points out that they never saw those in New York. Covino doesn’t understand how people think they will get away when they’re being chased by the cops
- Groom takes out savage revenge on bride at their wedding reception – The bride was caught making out with a random guy at her bachelorette party. Someone snapped a photo and it went viral. Groom told the wedding guests to look under their plates. If they had a red dot on their plate they were asked to remain standing. The groom announced that the people were standing were people that the wife had slept with while the bride and groom were engaged. Covino thinks the story is fake. The guys discuss wedding disasters.
- Mike Smith – author of “100 of the Worst Ideas in History.” Smith is here to talk about his book, his career as a copy writer and advertising, and some of the worst ideas as mentioned in his book