Covino and Rich Road Trip, Live from Tap & Barrel – Olympic Village in Vancouver, BC Canada – 8/29/16
Hr 1 Seg 1
– The boys are live in Vancouver!
– A fan welcomed C&R to Canada with booze as soon as they got over the border.
– Executive Producer Spot is great at finding deals on the road but got busted trying to book a car with the AARP rate despite not being a member of AARP.
– Spot was able to get the rate of the rental car down to the AARP rate despite the car company wanting to charge him the regular rate.
– The guys made sure their stories were straight in case Border Patrol pressed them.
– Border Patrol makes you feel like you’ve done something wrong or about to even if you haven’t or have no intention of doing anything wrong!
– What’s the bigger headline – Harambe or Colin Kaepernick?
– Ryan Lochte must be thrilled at the Kaepernick controversy – he’s out of the media firestorm now.
– Colin Kaepernick might not even make the team – who would want to deal with this kind of controversy from a non-star?
– You really should be a star player if you take a stand like this.
– Asking the Canadian fans how they’d feel if a player didn’t stand for the Canadian anthem.
Hr 1 Seg 2
– 49ers are standing by Kaepernick.
– This is a terrible look for the team and player.
– VMAs went down last night.
– The show was epic but the ending was a bit disappointing.
– Show is dedicated to Mr. Fuji (ex-WWE manager who just passed away) and Harambe.
– Kaepernick is repping a good cause but is doing it all wrong.
– Are Harambe jokes getting old already?
Hr 2 Seg 1
– Nicki Minaj simulates oral sex during her VMA routine!
– Key and Peale were just OK at the VMAs.
– Relationship advice for a C&R listener.
– Is porn ruining relationships or the desire of guys/girls to get into relationships?
– Some people “tap out” of looking for a relationship because they’re not at the point in life where they want to be. Is that just an excuse?
– Getting back to the discussion of pornography lowering guys’ desire to pursue girls.
– Social media has made us less social ironically.
– Do guys hold out for the Instagram model rather than pursuing the “normal” girl?
– It’s virtually certain that we all know someone whose relationship or marriage was ended because of Facebook or other social media.
– Dating apps lead people to think they have no shortage of options but also prevents serious relationships.
– When texting or talking online you have unlimited time to respond. You don’t have that when talking in-person.
– Guys and girls can be vicious in the dating game. Listener Matt tells a story of a girl using him for connections then moving onto another guy.
Hr 3 Seg 1
– Interacting with the fans and showing appreciation.
– C&R love that the fans that show up to their events are normal and fun to hang out with.
– Answering fans’ questions and talking about the development of the show.
– Mexican word of the day.
– Remembering the late Mr. Fuji and Gene Wilder.
– Revisiting the Colin Kaepernick drama and other viral news.
Hr 3 Seg 2
– Making fun of Canada’s version of SportsCenter.
– Carlos Beltran paints his head! Was this a serious hairstyle attempt or a joke?
– The latest Kardashian rumors and happenings.
– Viral videos floating around the Internet.
– Funny moments from the road trip so far.