Covino & Rich – Friday, 8/5/16
- James Corden is doing so well with his car karaoke – C&R talk about finding what sets you apart.
- Covino asks for feedback on Spotcenter from listeners.
- C&R go to listener feedback to try to find what sets them apart. They play phone roulette with their contacts to see if it’s something that would work with guests. Listeners sent them their ideas.
- Rich brings up how physical photos and photo albums used to be such a big deal and now there are thousands of photos on cell phones that are almost never seen. Covino poses the question as to whether or not this generations memories will be foggy with the lack of physical photos being present as often as they used to be. Covino thinks his childhood memories are strong because of actually seeing photos in albums, etc. Printing photos and albums isn’t something that is really done anymore.
- C&R touch on the Yankees. Covino doesn’t understand why ARod isn’t playing. Rich is convinced it’s because he is not coming back next year. Mark Teixeira retiring at the end of the year.
- Relationship advice – Covino’s brother asks for advice on how to get out of a drought and Covino gives terrible advice. Rich says no to try too hard, or to spend more time on dating apps. Covino says his brother needs to step up his game.
- Millennials are having less sex than previous generations – C&R talk about how social media, distractions, and how they were raised are all reasons for them having less sex. In a culture that perpetuates unlimited options with apps like Tinder, Bumble, and overall superficial importance – millennials don’t have to settle. They discuss the report that people would rather watch porn and how millennials are more concerned about emotional relationships as opposed to physical ones.
- Man kills Pinky the famous dancing flamingo in Florida – Covino thinks the man should be put in jail for 10 years. Rich asks what appropriate punishment is for something like this and what kind of repercussions the guy could face.
- News with Spot – Murder shocks the Rio Olympics, Star Wars TV show eyed at ABC, Facebook’s new anti-clickbait algorithm, Adele says her credit card was declined at H&M, Mark Teixeira announces retirement, George Zimmerman allegedly punched in the face, Apple to pay hackers to find iOS flaws, Suicide Squad, Nine Lives, and Little Men out today.