Covino & Rich— Thursday, 6/27/19
Guests: Kel Mitchell
- Covino has a whole collection of colognes from black guy to white guy colognes. He’s got Hermes, Polo Black and Jean Paul Gaultier. Smell is so important. When you go somewhere and you smell a specific cologne or perfume it can take you back to a place or person. People in your life associate you with a certain smell.
- Today on throwback Thursday Covino and Rich compared how they were back then and now. Not much has changed but Covino feels like he is definitely less aggressive. Rich thinks he is practical the same except now he makes more money and he’s a father and husband. Things change but ultimately people feel the same.
- Covino and Rich feel that the most ruthless people on the internet are sports nerds. Nobody can compete with the trolls in the sports world. If you look at the comments on Youtube of the guys on “Now Or Never” a lot of them are negative. Covino says if you don’t like a video, don’t watch it and move on.
- The LA Dodgers are the Buffalo Bills of baseball. They seem and play good at the start but always end up losing. The name Buffalo Bills reminded Covino of the ice cream “Bubble O Bill.”
- Rich shared the story of how he got into radio. On the same day he had two internship interviews. One for a PR & Marketing firm and another at a radio station. They offered him the position at the PR company but when he walked into the lobby of the station he felt “electricity”. He first worked just as a promotions but one day he went up toe radio DJ Scott Shannon and asked to work for him and he said yes. Rich first got on air when he got pulled over on his way to work and the hosts wanted him to share that story. After his interview was over Scott recommended Rich to Kid Kelly and the rest is history. He got his first slot time from 3am-5am and he still remembers the first song he talked over.
- Kel Mitchell from “All That” stopped by the studio today on Throwback Thursday. We learned his favorites from back in the day. Mitchell loved video games, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Choco Taco ice cream. Kel Mitchell is here to promote his reboot of “All That” on Nickelodeon. He feels like he is a mentor for the kids and also mentions, “I’m not old but mature and I have wisdom.” Kel Mitchell and his wife are also opening a “Good Burger” pop up restaurant opening in July.