Covino & Rich – Monday, 3/6/17
- Rich has deep thoughts – Cash Me Ousside girl making 40k per appearance and signing a reality TV deal. C&R come to the conclusion that crap is the new awesome. That’s what they have to do now is just be really bad at their job so they can get really popular. They now strive to suck.
— Covino & Rich (@CovinoandRich) March 6, 2017
- Covino watched Moonlight – Covino doesn’t want to spoil the movie but he was turned off by the twist. He didn’t know anything about the movie before watching it, it wasn’t really what he expected. Covino can see why it won best picture though, watching trailers before movies – it can give away the whole plot, prefer going into a movie blind
- Spot watched La La Land – he has no idea why it’s winning so many awards. He thought it was good but not deserving of all the accolades it’s receiving. Covino and Rich agree – they didn’t get why the movie was such a big deal. It was good, but not as great as it has been portrayed to be.
- What’s really important in life – Rich has been on the east coast with his friends and family, and after spending time with him he questions the way of living. He makes a great salary but he has friends who make way less money than him that live really great lives. It brings up the idea of people salary/cost of living and your location. It doesn’t seem to matter how much money you make in New York and L.A. because the cost of living is so high.
- Dumpy the cat – Rich got to see his old cat, Dumpy over the weekend. His met up with his ex-girlfriend when he was in Florida and got to see Dumpy. Rich retells the story of that one time Dumpy got lost and him and his girlfriend were devastated until Dumpy came back home. Covino is intrigued by the relationship has with his ex-girlfriend. Rich really loved this girl and even when they broke up he wanted just for her to be happy. They have a really mature friendship where they can still be friends despite their past.
- U.S. Bank Stadium is killing birds – U.S. Bank Stadium was built with reflected glass and it’s killing exotic birds. Birds are being blinded by the building and flying full speed ahead towards the building.
- Donald Trump and Russian ties – Rich wants to know where Trump gets all these ideas from. Does he just wake up in the middle of the night and have these random thoughts about Obama sabotaging him? Covino thinks it’s a terrible look to have our president acting crazy on twitter. Spot admits that Trump is a little crazy and that spouting unsubstantiated facts is really a problem
- News – Adulting classes for millennials, Cursive making a comeback in schools, new Beauty and the Beast music video, Emma Watson gets flak from feminists for exposing underboob in Vanity Fair