Covino & Rich – Wednesday, 11/23/16
- C&R had a nice, long conversation with Jason Ellis – They talked about life, Ellis’ skateboard career, and both realized that their radio instincts never go away. Even though it was a casual conversation, they went into interview mode with him.
- Covino’s driving disaster day – Covino is flipping through radio channels on the way to work, looks up and is driving straight towards a wheelbarrow that was in the lane. On the way home from work, someone cut Covino off really close, he had to swerve into the other lane to avoid hitting her. Then, someone hit him in a parking lot while he was waiting to make a turn.
- Covino doesn’t know why he’s cursed with such bad luck. The family curse is still trying to catch up with him – it is the Curse of Covino. He feels like he puts good energy out there, he’s a positive person and he’s a good person – but he has the worst luck on the planet. Rich thinks that sometimes he gets too much in his own head. The guys think it’s important to surround yourself with positive people and to have good energy around you. Spot suggests that Covino try meditation
- Rich watches This Is Us – he cries every time and not embarrassed about it. He thinks it’s one of the best shows he’s seen in a long time. He gets emotional every single time he watches it. Everyone Rich knows that watches This Is Us, gets incredibly emotional and it’s awesome. Rich and Spot do whatever they can to convince Covino to give the show a shot. Covino is emotionally numb, and really doesn’t want to watch the show. He thinks it’s forced.
- Rich found an article – the article observes how the media echoes the mainstream but there’s another side that is completely ignored. While there are so many great shows that are being talked about and watched – USA is the most watched network. Network television still thrives even when no one talks about it